California Salad with Zesty Sprouts
For the Vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
For the Salad:
- 1 cup alfalfa sprouts
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 8 cups mixed green salad
- 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup roasted sunflower seeds
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the oil, apple cider vinegar, orange juice, shallots, honey, mustard, cayenne pepper, poppy seeds and salt. Cover and refrigerate for one hour.
- Toss alfalfa sprouts and orange zest with 6 tablespoons vinaigrette; set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss together the mixed greens, strawberries, blueberries and sunflower seeds. Pour remaining vinaigrette over salad and toss.
- Divide greens and strawberries among 8 plates and place a mound of dressed sprouts on the side.
Yields: 8 servings
Printed From: www.sweetpeaskitchen.com