SCCT PRODUCTION STAFF
This position reports to the Director. All production/artistic staff positions ultimately report to the producers. In the event of irresolvable disputes among the production/artistic staff, the decision of the Producers shall be final.
- Recruit, rehearse, and conduct orchestra for arena theatre production.
- Assure continuity between the musical portion of the production and the Director’s concept for the production.
- If necessary, and in consultation with the Vocal Music Director and Director, prepare for and conduct open auditions and participate in the casting session on the dates determined by the Board of Directors.
- Coordinate musical portion of the production with Vocal Music Director and Choreographer and provide recorded accompaniment as necessary, reflecting any changes or edits.
- Assure musical continuity from rehearsals to production in consultation with the Orchestra Conductor.
- Obtain and develop the orchestra based on the musical needs of the production. Obtain space for orchestra rehearsals, working with the Producers as necessary.
- Develop rehearsal schedule for orchestra, including joint rehearsals of cast and orchestra, in consultation with Stage Manager, Director, Vocal Music Director, and Choreographer.
- Conduct orchestra at technical and dress rehearsals and at all performances. Provide vocal warm-up for cast prior to rehearsals and performances.
- Distribute and collect all orchestral scores. Return to Producers at closing night strike.
- Attend production meetings.
- Must possess strong background in orchestral direction, especially for musical theatre.
- Must possess strong oral communication skills and be able to work in a team-oriented, community theatre environment composed of volunteers and professionals of varying ages and levels of talent.
- Must have or be willing to apply for Act 33 (Pennsylvania Child Abuse History) and Act 34 (Pennsylvania State Police Request for Criminal Check) clearances.
- Preference will be given to applicants who are age 21 or older.
- The Conductor is expected to enforce and follow the rules and regulations established by the Board of Directors as well as to promote the educational mission of SCCT.
- An honorarium of $400 will be paid to the Conductor on closing night.
- If the Conductor leaves the production before closing night, the honorarium may be forfeited or reduced at the discretion of the Producers in consultation with the Board of Directors.