Jalapeño Corn Bread
- 1 1/2 cups cornmeal
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 jalapeño peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a 9-inch square baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, baking soda, and jalapeños; set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, buttermilk and oil. Add to the dry ingredients and stir just until moistened. Stir in cheese. Pour into a greased 9-in. square baking pan.
- Bake 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cut into squares or wedges. Serve warm.
Yields: 9 servings
Printed From: www.sweetpeaskitchen.com