We will promote and support the sport of gliding in a safe, friendly, and expert manner by fostering and sustaining high standards of safety, excellence in training and provision of a good value-for-money gliding experience for our members and visitors.
We will act to preserve our status as an amateur organisation, with freedom to operate as a gliding club in the long term, by being good neighbours and continuously demonstrating our commitment and value to the community.
- We will welcome pilots at all levels of aspiration and ability
- We will actively seek to maintain membership levels appropriate with the club’s purpose and goals
- We will foster a club culture that is safe, helpful, friendly and open to all members and visitors
- Our members will be encouraged to use the club’s democratic processes to propose changes or resolve issues
- Our purchasing and decision making processes will be transparent and consistent with the club’s purpose and goals
- We will set prices appropriate to the club’s costs and employ sound financial management to sustain the club in the long term
- The club will operate at all times in compliance with all appropriate rules and regulations
- A safety conscious culture will be actively fostered through all available means
- We will recruit, train and develop sufficient instructors in each category to support club operations, air experience activities and conduct all training exercises specified in the current BGA instructors' manual
- We will provide and maintain a fleet of club aircraft appropriate to support club operations, air experience activities and enable all training exercises specified in the current BGA instructors' manual to be carried out
- We will maintain and update our ground facilities to provide a site which is effective, attractive and safe
- We will actively seek to engage and support our local communities