Tex-Mex Beef Fajitas
- 1/2 cup bottled chipotle salsa
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4 (1/4-inch-thick) slices red onion (about 1 large)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, quartered and seeded
- 1 yellow bell pepper, quartered and seeded
- 1 (1-pound) flank steak, trimmed
- Cooking spray
- 8 (7-inch) flour tortillas (fajita style)
- 1/4 cup bottled chipotle salsa
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- In a large resealable bag, combine salsa, lime juice, onion, garlic, bell peppers and flank steak. Seal and marinate in refrigerator at least 4 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Prepare grill or broiler. Spray grill rack with cooking spray.
- Remove the steak and vegetables from bag and discard marinade. Place the steak and the vegetables on grill rack and cook 4-7 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Cut steak diagonally across the grain into thin slices. Cut peppers into thin strips. Cut onion slices in half.
- Divide steak, bell peppers, and onion evenly among tortillas and top each with 1 tablespoon chipotle salsa and 1 1/2 teaspoons cilantro.
Yields: 4 fajitas, 547 calories
Printed From: www.sweetpeaskitchen.com