Linkedin profile: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/fujin-liow/18/578/104
Attended university at Canterbury Christ Church University, my degree subjects are Film, Radio and Television Studies combined with Digital Media. Currently working on various self-directed creative projects, and looking for media production related works.
Grade: Upper Second Class, 2:1.
Panasonic M43 Video kit owner, combined with Nikon system lens from Nikon photography kit.
Adobe Creative Suite user.
Qualifications and Trainings:
Languages: English, Chinese, Malay, Spanish(Entry Level 1)
Trainings: Photography, Photography post-production, Web design, Video making & editing, Audio editing, Steadycam operation, Cinematography, Colour Grading, Working environment health and safety.
Softwares: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Dreamweaver, Adobe Lightroom, Adobe Edge, Adobe Muse, Avid, Premiere Pro, After Effects.
Able to produce fully working website and short film from scratch. Equipment and social media savvy.
PC and MAC literate.
1. Involved in University’s Professional Perspective course, a course that bridges professionals and students to pitch for ideas and concepts for creative briefs. I.e. Advertising campaigns, Television shows, etc., presenting our ideas and researches to live professional panels.
2. Involved in multiple youth groups production. My roles: Camera operator, Cinematographer, Sound recordist, Health and safety, Runner, and Production stills photographer. Example, link: <http://www.flickr.com/photos/fujinliow/sets/72157629363285021/>
3. Won university’s media department video art project. Awarded £100 pounds budget to film a better version of an insect video art project. Video is available on Youtube, link: <http://youtu.be/qQdWJVYC6cM>
4. Attended industry talks and advisory panels given by professionals from the creative industry.
5. Journalism shadowing. Went to a London protest to observe how journalists worked on site.
6. Award, was awarded the Canterbury Christ Church’s Nick Burton Prize for Theory/Practice Interchange. Project title: Exploring Surveillance Aesthetics,
7. Started working as a freelance photographer and video maker for charity groups and non-profit organisations. Collaborated with artists and worked with independent filmmakers.
1. Involved in multiple youth groups production. My roles: Camera Operator, Cinematographer, Sound recordist, Health and safety, Runner, and Production Stills Photographer.
2. Worked as film extra in the film 47 Ronin, starring Keanu Reeves. Acquired an overview of a high budget Hollywood production, interacted with film crews, post-production crews, makeup artists, set designers, and actors.
3. Work placement with G-Forces web management firm, as web-design trainee. Completed tasks such as web page designing, laying up and styling web pages with CSS. Contributed ideas to designers towards a project that went live on the Web for several months.
Photography, Documentary Video Making, Web Design, Digital Art, Journalism, Environmental and Wildlife Conservation.
1. Testimonial: G-froces, web management film.
2. Referee: Digital Media Programme Director and Lecturer, Doctor Tim Long.
testimonial link: <https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BzO_FsjzaiKUWE1Yeml3TWgwWHM>
3. Referee: Film Radio and Television Studies Senior Lecturer, Doctor Andy Birtwistle.
4. Testimonials: Formal language tutors, Chirstopher Trillo and Stephen Caira.
5. Production photographs are available on my flickr production diaries photo set.
6. Short films and video clips are available on my Youtube channel.
--- Updated 10/09/2012 ---