Coconut Almond Chip Ice Cream
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (15 ounce) can coconut cream
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons roasted almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spread almonds onto a baking sheet and place in preheated oven 6-8 minutes until fragrant. Shake the baking sheet halfway through baking so the nuts will toast evenly. Remove nuts from oven and set aside to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs until light and fluffy, 1 to 2 minutes. Whisk in sugar, a little at a time, then continue whisking until completely blended, about 1 minute. Pour in cream, milk and coconut cream and whisk to blend. Cover with plastic wrap. Chill in freezer until very cold (40 degrees) about 30 to 60 minutes.
- Start ice cream maker and add the mixture. Mix until ice cream has the consistency of soft serve ice cream, about 25 to 30 minutes. In the last 2 minutes of mixing, add the almonds and chocolate chips.
- Remove from ice cream machine canister and transfer to an airtight container. Freeze until firm, at least 3 hours.
Printed From: www.sweetpeaskitchen.com