Flipside Pineapple Trifle
1 (18.25 oz) box of Pineapple cake mix(Pilsbury,Duncan Hines, etc)
1 stick of butter
½ cup brown sugar
1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
1/3 cup milk
1 (8oz.) container whipped topping
1 package instant vanilla flavor pudding mix
1 (20 oz.) can crushed pineapple
1 small jar (10.oz) maraschino cherries
- Prepare cake according to the package. Cool and cut in 1 inch cubes.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt butter and brown sugar until the sugar is dissolved.
- In a bowl, combine the milk and vanilla pudding. Stir in the sweetened condensed milk and whipped topping, until smooth.
- In a trifle dish, make one layer of the cake cubes. Drizzle brown butter sauce over the cake. Add a layer of the crushed pineapple(along with the juice) and cherries. Top with the vanilla topping. Repeat.
- Garnish with more pineapple and cherries.
- Cover and refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight.