SCCT PRODUCTION STAFF
This position reports to the Director. All production/artistic staff positions ultimately report to the producers. In the event of irresolvable disputes among the production/artistic staff, the decision of the Producers shall be final.
- Provide stage management for arena theatre production.
- Maintain contact list for all cast and crew.
- Contact cast and production staff as requested by Director. Assure that all members of the production have received scripts, instructions, contact information, and other materials prior to first rehearsal or read-through.
- Determine production requirements for set and props in consultation with Director.
- Develop rehearsal schedule with Director, Vocal Music Director, and Choreographer. Schedule must comply with SCCT rules regarding rehearsals. The Producers must approve any exceptions.
- Obtain furniture and props for use during rehearsal.
- Attend all rehearsals.
- Provide access to rehearsal space for cast and staff 1/2-hour prior to start time.
- Assure that rehearsal space is set up and that rehearsal props are available.
- Assist Director with conduct of rehearsals. Monitor attendance and tardiness. At end of rehearsal, coordinate daily cleanup of rehearsal space, secure the premises, and remain on site to assure that all cast members have safely left the premises and acquired transportation.
- Develop and maintain a prompt book, including all stage directions, set changes, and prop requirements.
- Attend production meetings.
- Attend all technical and dress rehearsals, including lighting cue-to-cue rehearsal
- Coordinate light cues with Lighting Designer and Director. Assure that run crew is trained to handle all stage and costume changes.
- Provide access to performance space 1/2-hour prior to actors’ and crew’s call. Check set, props, lights and other equipment to assure proper operation.
- Assure that all cast and crew are present.
- Start performance at top-of-show and following intermission at the direction of House Manager.
- Call the performance, including all light and sound cues. Assure that set pieces and props are appropriately stored at the end of the performance. Remain on site after securing performance space to assure that all production members have acquired transportation.
- Must possess strong background in stage management (arena theatre experience highly desirable).
- Must possess strong oral communication skills and be able to work in a team-oriented, community theatre environment composed of volunteers and professionals of varying ages and levels of talent.
- Must have or be willing to apply for Act 33 (Pennsylvania Child Abuse History) and Act 34 (Pennsylvania State Police Request for Criminal Check) clearances.
- Preference will be given to applicants who are age 21 or older.
- The Stage Manager is expected to enforce and follow the rules and regulations established by the Board of Directors as well as to promote the educational mission of SCCT.
- An honorarium of $450 (plays) or $550 (musicals) will be paid to the Stage Manager, half on opening night and the remaining half on closing night.
- If the Stage Manager leaves the production before closing night, the honorarium may be forfeited or reduced at the discretion of the Producers in consultation with the Board of Directors.