- 3 medium, ripe avocados
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, stemmed, seeded, and minced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons juice from 1 lime
- In a medium bowl, combine onion, garlic, jalapeño, cilantro, salt, and cumin; set aside.
- Halve one of the avocados, remove pit, and scoop flesh into the bowl with the onion and garlic. Mash lightly with a fork until just combined.
- Halve and pit remaining avocados by holding 1 half steady in a dish towel, make 1/2-inch crosshatch incisions in flesh with a dinner knife, cutting down to but not through skin. Insert a spoon between flesh and skin and gently scoop avocado cubes into bowl with mashed avocado mixture; repeat with remaining halves.
- Sprinkle lime juice over diced avocado and mix entire contents of bowl lightly with fork until combined but still chunky. Adjust seasoning with salt, if necessary, and serve.
Printed From: www.sweetpeaskitchen.com