Ask the Public: Best Invention?
***Introduction: In the Mesopotamia unit, we learn about four inventions that Mesopotamia came up with that are still used in our world today. These four inventions are four of the most important inventions the world has. However, since Mesopotamia existed, many, many other fascinating and important things have been invented. Has something better been invented since Mesopotamia? For this unique assignment, we are going to see what people think as far as the most important thing ever invented.
***Task: You will be interviewing 6 people about what they think is the most important invention ever made.
Details on the people you interview:
1. The people you interview MUST be at least 25 years or older.
2. You can only interview ONE person related to you. You can NOT interview anybody that works at the middle school.
3. Be very respectful when you are interviewing these people. Be confident and don’t act scared.
Details on the interview:
1. At the beginning of the interview, explain to the person that we are learning about four major inventions in our social studies unit of “Mesopotamia.” Explain to them what the four inventions are and why they are important. (Wheel, money, writing, & irrigation) VERY IMPORTANT PART!
2. Next, interview the person with the questions below. Record their answers in the “Interview Sheet.”
3. Make sure you “thank” the person when you are done and tell them that you really appreciate it. VERY IMPORTANT!
Details for this Assignment
1. This project is DUE: October 29th in class
2. This project is worth 50 points
3. If everyone in your Ziggurat completes the project, your Ziggurat will earn the “Interview Badge”
3. Make a cover page for this project. On the cover page, you should have the following:
1. Name of project which is “Ask the Public”
2. name of class which is 6th grade Social Studies
3. your name and date.
4. Picture that relates to interviewing, or questioning, or inventions, etc.
**This can be printed or done by hand.