Farfalle with Creamy Ricotta Pesto and Lemon Chicken on top
From the kitchen of: Yolanda Caccamo Quackenbush
*2 cloves garlic
*2 cups fresh basil leaves (packed down)
*1/2 cup pinenuts
*1 cup of freshly grated Parmesan or pecorino Cheese (I use a combination)
*1 cup Sorrento Ricotta Cheese
*½ cup of whole milk Mozzarella Cheese
*3 Tbsp. olive oil
*1 lb of Farfalle Pasta
*Pepper, to taste
* In a small frying pan, lightly toast the pinenuts
*In food processor, process olive oil, garlic, basil and pinenuts, until almost smooth.
* Add parmesan, mozzarella and ricotta cheese. Process until thoroughly blended. Set aside.
* Boil Pasta in lightly salted water and then drain
* Toss well drained Pasta with the Pesto and serve!
* I made a delicious lemon chicken to add on the top of the pasta by pan frying chicken breasts in olive oil and garlic and them squeezing a whole lemon on the chicken. I let it rest for a few minutes and then cut it into strips.