Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup milk
Preheat oven to 350° F. Lightly grease 12 muffin cups or line with muffin papers
In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and chocolate chips; set aside.
- In the bowl of a kitchen stand mixer, beat butter and 1 cup sugar on medium speed until creamy, about 3 minutes. Scrape down bowl with a rubber spatula.
- Add eggs one at a time beating until blended. Add the vanilla and milk and beat until well blended. Scrape down the bowl with the rubber spatula.
- Add flour mixture and hand stir until just blended. The batter will be thick. Do not over mix!
- Fill each muffin cup with batter. Sprinkle the 1 tablespoon sugar evenly over the tops.
- Bake in preheated oven for 21 to 23 minutes or until the muffins are golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Cool in muffin pan for five minutes then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
Printed From: www.sweetpeaskitchen.com