Peanut Butter Banana Scones
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3 tablespoons chopped dry-roasted peanuts
- 5 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup mashed banana
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
For the Peanut Butter Glaze:
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with fit the paddle attachment, stir together the flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, cinnamon, allspice and chopped peanuts. Add the butter and toss with a fork to coat with the flour mixture. Mix on medium-low speed until the texture resembles coarse cornmeal, with the butter pieces no larger than small peas.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the banana, peanut butter and heavy cream. Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients and form the dough into a ball. With lightly floured hands press dough into a 8-inch round. With a sharp knife or pizza cutter, cut the dough into 8 wedges.
- Place wedges on the prepared baking sheet and bake in preheated oven 12 to 15 minutes or until tops of scones are a light brown. Transfer to a wire rack for at least 10 minutes before serving.
- While the scones are cooling, make peanut butter glaze. In a small bowl whisk together powdered sugar, milk and peanut butter until smooth. Drizzle glaze over scones and serve.
Yields: 8 scones
Printed From: www.sweetpeaskitchen.com