Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
- 6 tablespoons tahini, stirred well
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 1 (14 oz.) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup jarred roasted red peppers, drained
- 1 clove garlic, minced (about 1/2 teaspoon)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons juice from 1 to 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons roasted sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- In a small bowl, whisk together the tahini and 2 tablespoons olive oil. In the bowl of a food processor, process chickpeas, roasted red peppers, garlic, salt and cayenne until the mixture is almost fully ground, about 15 seconds. Scrape down bowl. With the food processor running, add the lemon juice through the feed tube in a steady stream. Scrape down the bowl and process for 1 minute. With the machine running, add the oil-tahini mixture through the feed tube in a steady stream. Scrape down the bowl and continue to process until the hummus is smooth and creamy, about 15 seconds.
- Transfer hummus to a serving bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let stand until flavors meld, at least 30 minutes. Top with roasted almond slices, 2 teaspoons of olive oil, minced fresh parsley and serve.
Yields: 2 cups
Printed From: www.sweetpeaskitchen.com