It is possible to search for and then embed a YouTube video in any content area or folder. You can add your own description and even attach related files to the video.
To search for a YouTube video
- Access the content area where you want the video to appear.
- Hover over Build Content.
- Choose Mashups > YouTube Video.
- Type appropriate search terms into the Search field (Tip: If you know the video you are looking for, simply search for the video title).
- Click Go to view search results.
Reviewing the Search Results -- A broad search will bring up a wide variety of videos.
- Sorting Options – use these options to adjust what order the search results are listed in.
- Video Information – includes Title, Length, Date Added, Rating, Views, URL, and Description.
- Preview – click to watch the video in it’s entirety (you will not leave the page).
- Select – click to add the video to the content area.
Adding the video to the content area - Once you have selected a YouTube video, you will need to finalize a few more options.
- Add YouTube Content to Course – You may change the name and name color of the video, as well as add your own description using the text editor:
- Mashup Options – These options change what information is displayed and how the video is presented.
- Attach or Link Content – Additional files (articles, pictures, etc.) can be attached to the video posting by either browsing your local computer or your Content Collection.
- Options – User view and restrictions options.
- Submit – Click Submit to complete the process. You may also choose Preview to see how the video will look before posting.
Successful embedding of a YouTube video – Your video should look something like this (may look different depending on display options chosen):