- 1 large lemon, thinly sliced, ends discarded
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 7 cups cold water
- 2 cups fresh lemon juice (takes 6-12 lemons, depending on size and juiciness; also, roll lemons on counter to make them juicier)
- Using a potato masher, mash lemons and sugar in a deep bowl until slices release their juice and sugar begins to dissolve.
- Stir in water and lemon juice until sugar completely dissolves.
- Strain out lemon slices and chill or pour over ice before serving.
- Store the lemonade in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
PRINTED FROM Scrumptious and Sumptuous