OpenStreetMap Foundation

Communications Working Group Meeting

   

16th May 2011,

21:00- GMT (22:00 - CET)

Dial-in

AGENDA & MINUTES

Draft

Present: Richard Weait, Harry Wood, Charlotte Wolter, Hurricane Coast

Apologies: Oliver Kühn

Absent:

Responsible for OSMF newsletter input:

Public to newsletter

1

Adoption of previous minutes

Minutes of 9th May 2011:

https://docs.google.com/a/osmfoundation.org/document/d/1PBu9IpkVlp3M-bEOaatyetp7BfnK2gDShYEf6nGpoak/edit?hl=en&authkey=CJeti-8C#

Propose: Richard

Seconded:  Charlotte

None opposed:  None opposed.

[ ]

2

Matters Arising:

[ ]

3

Finalise agenda for this call.

[ ]

4

Any other business

none

[ ]

4.1

Membership emailing

ACTION ITEM Oliver still to convey message to the board. Action needed on this. In progress.

Harry to looked for old response emails didn’t find any. Half way through drafting a new email .

ACTION ITEM finish that

Henk and Mike Collinson in progress on catching up with current and expired members.  

4.3

skins & themes update

The new mediawiki skin was deployed by grant but not enabled. It can be seen here: http://www.osmfoundation.org/index.php?title=Main_Page&useskin=osmf

minor tuning required to fix logo and menu at the top. Harry told him how to do it. Left with grant to do it.

[ ]

4.4

blog post for new OSM logo

Hurricane did an interview with the author.  Looks great.

Could be press release, but it was decided that we should wait for bigger news e.g. whole osmf site is revamped.

[ ]

4.5

Developing copy for foundation site

[ ]

Continued discussion on FAQ section. Not much progress on previous action item. Oliver has suggested some questions. ACTION ITEM: continued from last time. Richard will promote three or four questions from the talk page to the main page and answer them. Charlotte will answer some on talk.

Everybody to review FAQ section ( http://www.osmfoundation.org/wiki/FAQ )  

We agreed to make changes in the discussion pages http://www.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Talk:FAQ and email to notify others to review.

4.6

Blog translations

French translator had trouble contributing recently.

ACTION ITEM: Richard to follow up with DBegin (copy Harry in)

5

Next meeting.

Monday 23th MAY 2010,

2100BST, 2200CET, 1600EDT, 2000UTC 1400MDT

[ ]