Scalloped Potatoes with Three Cheeses
- 3/4 cup (packed) grated extra-sharp cheddar cheese (about 4 ounces)
- 3/4 cup crumbled Danish blue cheese (about 4 ounces)
- 1/3 cup (packed) freshly grated Parmesan (about 1 1/4 ounces)
- 4 pounds russet potatoes, peeled, cut into 1/4-inch-thick rounds
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cups whole milk
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly butter 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish.
- In a small bowl, mix cheddar cheese, blue cheese and Parmesan; set aside.
- Arrange half of potatoes in prepared baking dish, overlapping slightly.
- In a large sauce pan over medium heat, melt butter. Add onions and garlic and saute until golden, about 6 minutes. Add flour, salt, pepper, and milk; cook until thickened. Add half of the cheese mixture, stir until combined.
- Pour half of the milk mixture over the potatoes. Add remaining potatoes. Top with remaining milk mixture.
- Cover baking dish tightly with foil. Bake 45 minutes. Uncover dish; sprinkle potatoes with reserved cheese mixture. Bake uncovered until potatoes are tender and cheese is deep golden brown, about 45 minutes longer.
- Remove from oven; let stand 15 minutes before serving.
Printed From: www.sweetpeaskitchen.com