Association of Wind Sport Industries
Board of Directors Meeting
May 24th, 2011 8:30AM @ Northsports
In attendance: Doug Hopkins, Greg Kish, Kate Lundin
Attending via Conference Call: Matt Aiken, Brian Goldesberry, Gary Siskar, Ralph Ruffolo
Absent: Steve Gates
April 2011 Minutes -
Motion: Doug Moves to Approve minutes from April, Brian 2nd, all in favor.
$35,296 on balance sheet
23 hrs for Kate.
Outstanding balance for 4 invoices. $4400.00 from 2010 trade show.
- 10-Brian & Matt
- 2- For all other members
Executive Director report:
- Credit card and bank accounts need to be updated.
- High-rise will be our main database. BOD will be getting login/password
- AWSI is officially a non-profit organization as well as being back dated for status.
Annual Industry Event- Surf Expo
- Surf Expo demo
- Do we endorse the on water demo at the cable park? Probably not.
- Gary- It’s worth mentioning LF & Slingshot will be there, good crossover opportunity
- Matt- definitely needs more clarification on the involvement with kite/wind/sup and retailers
- Doug- can add particulars and make clear that people are not going to go kiteboarding/windsurfing.
- Floor Plan & Layout:
- Have space through wind/wake/surf/sup of which many exhibitors have filled the spaces already.
- It looks like Doog needs to add more booth space for us to accommodate more exhibitors.
- Make sure we invoice for AWSI fee for getting the board builder’s discount as well as benefits for being a member. Maybe a write up for market conditions and “state of the union” of the industry and what we are seeing as far as progress.
- SUP industry association meeting put together. www.supbusiness.com SUP Industry goes to 3 shows. About 30 manufacturers for SE. 15 for OR show. Matt – will reach out to Jennifer Holcomb and get more information and/or coordinate what we will need to gain traction.
- Brian & Matt contacted other editors to get top 10 list and narrow down to 3 nominees for top rider. Manufacturers will email their top retailer pick & retailers will email in their top manufacturer pick. So a total of 3 awards in each Kite, Wind, & SUP
- We will need dollar amount for actual trophies & work deal for video editing once list is complete.
Next meeting scheduled for June 21st 2011 8:30AM PST