Self Portrait Poetry Anthology
- written responses to text
- seeing yourself in text.
- review of comprehension strategies: making connections, visualizing.
- introduction to writer’s craft.
- Oration skills.
- Google Site Creation
- Classroom/ Library/Online Poetry Collections.
- Past Exemplars.
- Poetry Slam: oral presentation with visual medium i.e. poster, KidPix slide show, costumes. . .
- Google docs
- animoto films - all about me.
- Writing a story.
- Story elements/ craft.
- Grammar/ editing.
- Google docs.
- iMovie: Digital Story
- Garageband: music.
- Presentation of digital stories.
Immigration/Family History Museum
- researching US immigration/family history.
- writing paragraphs.
- reading/writing nonfiction text.
- Making a poster.
- Creating a Museum exhibit.
- Museum Presentation.
- Using a webquest.
- Using a Google site as a resource.
- Presentation tools.
Fiction Story Writing
- Practicing craft and writing.
- Transforming personal narrative structure to fiction stories.
- Author studies.
- Writing organization and skill.
- Presentation to young audiences such as first graders.
- Fraction, decimal and percent skill.
- Making and explaining mathematical models.
Endangered Species Project
- research, writing, presentation skills.
- science/social studies content knowledge
- real world exploration and endeavor.
- choice of many introduced venues.
- choice of many project types.