Here are guidelines on finding the right shoes for you!
- Men should purchase black standard/smooth shoes.
- Do not get patent shoes.
- Your shoes should be tighter than your street shoes. They should fit your foot like a glove, but not fit so tightly as to force your feet into odd shapes or create painful pressure.
- Women should purchase tan/flesh colored satin Latin/rhythm sandals.
- Your ballroom shoes should fit much tighter than street shoes. Your feet should not be able to move around at all, and your toes should actually hang over the front edge of the shoe. The idea is that your foot should completely cover the shoe.
- Your shoes will stretch out a bit after you wear them for a while, so don't worry if they seem a little tight at first. However, if you can’t put them on, or comfortably stand up, they are just plain too small.
- Ladies should also get several pairs of plastic heel guards. These protect the heel of your shoe from wearing down so they last longer!