Five Million Gold Budget WW Barbarian Guide
This guide is here to be a baseline for your budget WW Barbarian, I set out to create a WW barb with a budget of 5 million gold that was capable of farming Act 3 *Efficiently*. So lets take a brief overview of the spec and fundamentals of the barbarian class before going into gear select.
- Fury Generator: Bash: Instigation OR Bash: Pulverize
- War cry: Impunity (defensive ability that increase resistances and armor, this is a must for a budget build since your survivability and sustainability is key)
- Battle-rage : Into the Fray ( Bread and butter of the spec, besides increasing critical hit chance and damage your CRITS grant fury which allow you to sustain sprint and Whirl Wind)
- Sprint : Run like the Wind ( Increased movement speed and creates tornadoes based off your MAIN HAND weapon damage range(xxx-xxxx), not based off weapon DPS)
- Wrath of the Berserker: Thrive on Chaos ( Although giving the obvious effects, this rune allows you to maintain almost 100% Up time on WoTB, which increases your farming time dramatically). In addition, it also makes you IMMUNE to all Crowd Control effects, so you don''t have to be worried about being frozen, feared, knocked back, amongst other things.
- Whirlwind : Hurricane ( Allows you to Spin2Win at normal movement speed)
Stat Selection and Gearing
Gearing a budget WW barb can be tricky, so your goal of this build is not going to be damage based, but survivability and sustainability. With a 5 million gold budget in mind to create a full character, see the link for the gear
Example of 5M Budget WW Barb : http://i.imgur.com/5b0lX.jpg
Example of 10M Budget WW Barb : http://i.imgur.com/BCFom.jpg
Example of 180M Budget WW Barb : http://i.imgur.com/IvV1G.jpg
With that being said we will get into the technical portion of the gearing process, since this is a budget build you pretty much want to neglect damage output to a certain point, for this budget I tried to achieve 30k dps unbuffed, which would allow me to farm act 3 efficiently. Since you are working with a budget you need to balance your gear accordingly, so in some places you will sacrifice stats and others you will gain the needed stats. Since this build is not about damage output but rather sustainability. So in some slots you won't be able to afford all resist gear which is vital to the spec, so in-place of all resistances you should get either physical or fire resist since those are the most common damage types in diablo 3. For the smoothest fury generation and prevent fury starvation you will use a Fury weapon, instead of a mace or axe, this will supplement for your lack of critical hit chance which is how you gain most of your fury. Since most of your damaging abilities are based off your main hand you want to focus on a high dps/damage range weapon to maximize tornado damage(focus on high strength, vitality, critical hit damage and socket) and your offhand should be a stat stick(providing your life on hit, critical hit damage, life steal and a socket pref. for more critical hit damage. Your stat priority for this type of build will be the following:
WW BreakPoints : http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4902400739
- 1) Life on Hit or Lifesteal : Sustainability, so you don't die all the time, I aimed to get around 1500 life on hit, which coupled with your all resistances and vitality will make you virtually impossible to kill. You will gain most of your Loh from your offhand, amulet and ring slots. If you go the lifesteal route you should run the bloodthirst(3% lifesteal passive), have lifesteal on your offhand and on your mighty belt(Immortal Kings).
- 2) Critical Hit Chance : This is to sustain your fury via Sprint: Run like the Wind
- 3) Vitality : So you don't die( You want around 40k+ as a budget barb)
- 4) Resistances : Also to help you not die; I aimed to achieve 800+ all resistances and since some items you can't afford all resistances I tried to stack physical and fire to 1k, so you can stand in bad stuff and continue to WW
- 5) Damage modifiers: Although this isn't really applicable to this build but essentially after you get your your base critical hit chance modifiers on your gear you will end up stacking critical hit damage and stacking strength to increase your farm speed
- 6) Movement Speed : You want to have the max amount of movement speed posisible, however for this build you will only be able to afford movement speed on your boots. For a well funded build you want to aim for 24% movement speed, which you will gain 12% from boots and 12% from lacuni's prowlers(bracers)
- Key Points: Stacking Defensive abilities, focusing on critical hit chance, a fury weapon and lastly damage