- 1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water (110 degrees)
- 1/4 cup white sugar plus 1 tablespoon
- 3 tablespoons warm milk (110 degrees)
- 1 egg, beaten, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 1/2 to 4 cups bread flour
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- In the bowl of a stand mixer combine the water, yeast, and 1 tablespoon of sugar; let rest 10 minutes until foamy.
- Add remaining sugar, milk, egg, salt, and enough flour to make a soft dough. Mix with the dough hook on medium-low until thoroughly combined and smooth, about 8-10 minutes. Transfer the dough to a lightly oiled bowl, cover and let rise until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Punch down dough and knead in garlic until combined. Pinch off small handfuls of dough, about the size of a golf ball. Roll into balls, and place on a rimmed baking sheet. Cover with a towel, and allow to rise until doubled in size, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill to high heat and lightly oil grate. Roll one ball of dough out into a thin circle. Place dough on grill, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until puffy and lightly browned. Brush uncooked side with butter, and turn over. Brush cooked side with butter, and cook until browned, another 2 to 4 minutes. Remove from grill, and continue the process until all the naan has been prepare. Serve warm.
Yields: 14 servings
Printed From: www.sweetpeaskitchen.com