OpenStreetMap Foundation

Communications Working Group Meeting

   

8th November 2010,

21:00- GMT (22:00 - CET)

Dial-in

AGENDA & MINUTES

Draft

Present: Harry Wood, Richard Weait, Oliver Kühn, Emilie Laffray, Hurricane Coast

Apologies: All present.

Responsible for OSMF newsletter input:

Public to newsletter

1

Adoption of previous minutes

Previous minutes: https://docs.google.com/a/osmfoundation.org/document/d/1isUWbxKrm4EZpeVYvHA2jmUHuf1ioiTRhSP8SQjzVeE/edit?hl=en_GB&authkey=CL3nn9EK

Propose: Harry

Seconded: Richard

None opposed

Previous minutes [were] accepted and may be published.

[ ]

2

Matters Arising:

[tbd]

[ ]

3

Finalise agenda for this call.

  • Analytics results so far encouraging
  • Blog translators in different language
  • Website content (suggested last week)

[ ]

4

Any other business

[tbd]

[ ]

4.1

Website analytics

Analytics plugin is working and reveals pretty good traffic levels building on the blog. A lot of visitors from the U.S.

Not sure if its picking up RSS readers

[x]

4.2

Blog translations

CWG supports the idea of translations for OSMF blog posts.  Harry will investigate technical issues re i18n and WordPress.  Emilie will ask the community for French translators. Oliver will ask the community for German translators.  

[x]

4.3

Website content

Foundation web site (re) organization and theming. Design / presentation issues can be separate from content issues.

  • What can be done to make the osmf home page more inviting?  Design may undo early re-organization efforts.
  • “Why should I join” information
  • Working groups pages & ‘Working Groups’ list page. http://www.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Working_Groups

Start by looking at target groups. Goals of the OSMF website. (To discuss next time)

[x]

4.4

Communicating minutes on the blog

We’re currently up-to-date

Board meetings are taking place weekly now so we’ll have updates more often.

[ ]

5

Next meeting.

Monday 15 November 2010,

2100BST, 2200CET, 1600EST, 2000UTC 1400MST

[ ]