Academic Technology | WIMBA - Disable Pop-Up Blockers
Wimba uses pop-ups to share certain content, but many browsers automatically block pop-ups. This guide will help you disable your browser's automatic pop-up blocker for:
Disable the Pop-Up Blocker in Internet Explorer 8
1. To disable the Pop-Up Blocker in IE8, select tools from the upper-right corner.
2. Under the dropdown menu, hover the cursor over Pop-up Blocker.
3. Select Turn Off Pop-up Blocker.
Disable the Pop-Up Blocker in Firefox 3.6
1. To disable the Pop-Up Blocker in Firefox, you must display the menu bar. Sometimes this bar is hidden by default.
2. To display the menu bar, right-click in the thin gray area directly above the URL address field.
3. Select the Menu Bar option to display the menu bar.
4. Now that the menu bar is available, select Tools > Options
5. A new dialog box will appear. Select Content from the tabs at the top.
6. Uncheck Block pop-up windows. Click on 'OK' when finished.
Disable the Pop-Up Blocker in Safari 4
1. To disable the Pop-Up Blocker in Safari, select the Safari option in the menu bar at the top of the screen.
2. Under the dropdown menu, click on Block Pop-Up Windows to uncheck it.
Disable the Pop-Up Blocker in Google Chrome
1. To disable the Pop-Up Blocker in Google Chrome, select the customize and control option in the upper-right corner. The icon looks like a wrench.
2. From the dropdown menu, select Options.
3. In the options panel, select Under the Hood.
4. Select Content Settings under privacy.
5. Under the Pop-up Tab, select "Allow all sites to show pop-ups"
If You Need Help
Guides, contact information and other help can be found at ETSU's Wimba page:
A more in-depth presenter guide can be found at this URL, explaining the Wimba classroom with its tools and options in greater detail: http://webhelp.wimba.com/WC/v6_1/Presenter_Guide/
Wimba’s support center can be located here: http://d2.parature.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=8052
Wimba offers 24/7 support by phone: (877) 382-2293.