Overnight Honey-Almond Multigrain Oatmeal
- 1/3 cup steel-cut oats
- 2 tablespoons uncooked pearl barley
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon honey
- In a large 4 cup capacity bowl, combine oats, barley, and 1 1/4 cups water. Cover and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Uncover bowl, and stir in salt. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 6 minutes, stirring well after 3 minutes, until most of liquid is absorbed, Stir in cinnamon and nutmeg. Top with toasted almonds and honey.
Yields: 1 serving, 388 calories
Note: this can easily be doubled, just add extra microwaving time.
Printed From: www.sweetpeaskitchen.com