Banjo and Guitar Instruction by Donald Zepp
Policies, and Other Boring Stuff
- Contact Information: I can be reached best via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. If you are already a student of mine, you should have my cell number, so please feel free to call or send a text.
- Scheduling: I teach at my home in Wendell. All lessons are private, and are scheduled for a regular, weekly time for as long as you wish to continue your lessons. I do not schedule “every other week” lessons, as it makes it virtually impossible to "sell" the remaining half of the particular time slot involved. I will do it only when two people arrange to alternate their lessons, e.g. I have had a number of couples share a time slot.
Beyond that, from a pedagogical standpoint I have found that it's really hard for students to maintain their motivation when lessons are that far apart ("There's plenty of time--I'll practice tomorrow..."). The reverse is also true: I don't offer hour lessons, as I feel most lessons involve 5-10 minutes of the presentation of new material and the rest of the time is spent in directed practice. While that is usually very helpful, an extra 30 minutes of it is simply not worth the added expense to you.
- Payment: My rate is $30 per half hour lesson, to be paid in advance monthly, at the first lesson each month. I'm happy to take cash, first-born children, credit cards, checks, or Square Cash using this cashtag: http://cash.me/$DonaldZepp .
- Cancellations: You are paying for my time each week, whether you take the lesson or not. The only circumstances in which I do not charge for missed lessons are: occasions for which I have advance notice at the beginning of the month, holidays when most businesses would be closed, or any occasion when I must cancel, of course. Nonetheless, if you know in advance that you will miss a paid lesson, I ask that you please let me know as soon as possible, so that I can offer make-up time to others who may have had to miss their lessons. Likewise, if you find you must miss a lesson, please be sure to ask about a make-up; I’m happy to work you in wherever there is an opening, and now that I’m retired, I am often available for ad hoc rescheduling.
- Questions? Please don't ever hesitate to ask about anything else that may come up. I’ll give you my cell number--please feel free to use it any time for clarification or further explanation--don’t sit around frustrated for a week! I'm here to help you have fun learning your instrument, and will work with you to do everything I can think of to assure your success. Thank you.