DEVELOPING THE CONTENT
Teacher's Name: __Sara Woodward________________________ Observer: ________________________
Class Taught: ___255 _________________________ Date: ______10/26/11_____________________
Lesson Focus: ____Cha Cha Cha______________________________________________________________
Directions: Write down the statements the teacher makes to the entire class, not to groups or individuals, about motor skills - not about behavior or management. At times you may need to abbreviate but try to capture the intent of the meaning. When the lesson is over, classify each statement as informing (task), extending (tasks), refining (cues), or applying (challenges), then graph the statements in the order in which they occur.
Example: 1. Throw the ball at a target on the wall (Inform)
1. Unfreeze by doing the Cha Cha Cha (Inform)
2. Line up on Green and Black line (Inform)
3. Cues on visual aid, 1, 2, Cha Cha Cha or Slow, Slow, Quick, Quick, Slow (Inform)
4. Practice basic steps as leader 1, 2, Cha Cha Cha (Refining)
5. Practice basic steps as follower 1, 2, Cha Cha Cha (Refining)
6. Do basic steps then two crossovers as leader, watch 1, 2, Cha Cha Cha. (Refining)
7. Do basic steps then two crossovers together (Extending).
8. Do basic steps then two crossovers as follower together (Extending).
9. Do basic steps and crossovers with a partner to music (Applying).
10. Watch Emily and Steve do partner work (Inform).
11. Add the 1/2 turn (Extending).
12. Do three crossovers and a 1/2 turn (Applying).
13. Review the steps as demonstration (Inform).
14. Demo ballroom with student (Inform).
15. Have them do basic steps in ballroom position (Extending).
Inform X X X X X X
Extend X X X X
Refine X X X
Apply X X