Do512 Sales Intern - Job Description and Responsibilities
Do512’s sales intern will be responsible for, or involved in, all aspects of the sales process. The sales intern will be introduced to processes such as lead generation, cold calling, creating proposals and managing accounts. This internship role will require an extremely ambitious and confident candidate who is able to think creatively about sales opportunities while being fearless when approaching sales leads.
Interns have the opportunity to network and make a variety of exciting and useful contacts at Do512. Creativity, new ideas and opinions are always welcome.
Job Requirements and Skills Needed
- Able to work a minimum of 20 hours per week.
- Educational focus in business, marketing or advertising.
- Prior awareness of Do512 - active user of the site, and familiar with our other outlets (Facebook, Twitter, Newsletter, Etc)
- Strong understanding of Facebook and Twitter with current, active profiles on each.
- Generally “in the know” about Austin events and happenings.
- Self-Motivated - ability to be focused and get the job done in a very laid-back environment.
- Flexible schedule enough to attend Do512 events as frequently as possible.
- Entrepreneurial mindset - able to think outside of the box for creative ideas and ways Do512 can work with other companies to generate sales/revenue.
- People skills - able to aggressively and tactfully talk with businesses and encourage them to spend money with Do512.
- Deep understanding of the Do512 product - how and why it’s effective.
- Candidate should ideally be looking to fill a college credit requirement. This is negotiable, but candidate will have to prove ability to take on such an important role if not-seeking credit.
- Develop basic understanding of sales process
- Finding Leads
- Approaching leads
- Creating proposals
- Managing Accounts
- Use local media outlets and other event sites for upcoming events that could be advertised on Do512
- Find creative opportunities for brands to work with Do512
- eg. Brands that Do512’s audience would react well to (think Greenling, alcohol companies, etc.)
- Help manage website content.
- Compile a weekly list of leads w/ links to website, Do512 page, and contact info
- Making initial contact with sales prospects, letting them know who we are and generating enough interest in Do512
- Send reminders to outstanding accounts that payment is needed
- Make sure that all aspects of sales agreement are withheld and maintained
- Putting up ads
- Ensuring that social network promotions are maintained by other interns
- Ensure blog posts are reviewed and put up on time
- Compile ad reports in a timely manner
- Additional various tasks - running errands, helping out with the Do512 Lounge, etc etc.
Interested? Send resume and cover letter to Kristin@do512.com