WAKA Dodgeball Captains Info
All WAKA team captains are approved by WAKA on the basis that they understand & agree to the guidelines listed below. Our primary goal is to make sure all players have fun and stay safe in our social athletic organization. Captains and Co-captains that do not agree too and follow these guidelines can and will be removed as a team captain or suspended if there is a serious infraction.
- Each team is required to send court officials as per the league schedule. Captains need to make arrangements for your court official to be at the game and on time. If your team misses officiating duty you will receive a paper forfeit. It is expected that teams will send qualified official’s who have read and understand the rule book.
Match Start Time, Equipment & Forfeit Policy:
- Matches are required to start on time and last no more than 45 Minutes from the scheduled start time.
- Any team that does not have a minimum of 3 females and 3 males at the court/field at match time shall loose a game within the match for every 5 minutes after the first 5 minutes from the scheduled start time.. After 15 minutes the game is an official forfeit, you may scrimmage but the game will show as 4-0 games loss. Teams may not negotiate deals. Individual leagues may have a variation of this as set by the local representative.
- A game will be recorded as a 4–0 games loss for any team(s) that forfeits a game prior to the actual start of the game such as in the case where you do not have enough players.
- In the case where an injury causes a team to not have enough players at some point past the start of the game the result will be a match loss based on the game count at the time, but exhibition play may continue.
- Matches delayed by unforeseen circumstances will not have timed added. A match is considered official after 3 complete games.
- WAKA provides all the Dodgeball equipment. You must leave the dodgeballs with your court official after your match. If a team removes a dodgeball from the field you may receive a forfeit.
- Captains are required to email the final match score of games won to games lossed within 48 hours to the the designated score keeper for the league. Otherwise the game may be marked as a forfeit.
- Make-Ups - Matches that need to be made up will be replayed at the end of the regular season and in the order that they occur. Sometimes facilities may not have any available makeup dates and the season may may be shortened.
- Captains are responsible for the conduct of themselves and there players. WAKA can and will suspend players who violate the rules or do not act in a sportsmanlike manor. If multiple players are acting in an unsportsmanlike manor the game will result in a forfeit.
- Teams that intentionally run out the game clock in during games by holding balls in a unreasonable amount of time and do not comply witht the court official may have their game or match ruled a forfeit.
- Only Captains and Co-Captains can "Discuss" calls with an official. Please keep discussion of calls short as you will only lose out on game time.
- All beverages must be in an opaque cup or container.Absolutely no cans, glass bottles, thermoses or coolers are allowed in the gym or on the field.
- Teams are responsible for throwing their trash in the garbage cans located at the facility.
- The above rules also apply to your guests and you are responsible for them.
- Anyone that violates these rules can expect to be suspended and the team may forfeit that match..
- Captains must have a copy of their official WAKA roster on hand at all times.
- WAKA may add players to your team as needed for a minimum roster requirements by registration deadline dates.
- Only registered players who are on your roster may play. WAKA will conduct random roster checks and illegal players will result in a forfeit, the captain being suspended and possibility of not being eligible to play in the tournament rounds.
- All players must wear an official WAKA shirt for that league and it must be the correct team color.
- Pregnant women past the 1st trimester is an unnecessary risk and there-for not eligible to play. WAKA reserves the right to make the final decision on any players eligibility to play due to injury, illness or general safety concerns.
- All players are entitled to an equal amount of playing time as WAKA "owns" the team rights not the captain.
League Bar & Parties:
- WAKA is a social organization and fully expects team captains to encourage their players to visit the official league bar and attend the parties. Our bars serve non alcoholic drinks and food for those who choose not to drink.