Quiz: Manual Grading Moodle ISU
The manual grading function allows teachers and graders to individually grade quiz questions, such as those in essay format.
This guide will help you understand:
- Locating and Utilizing the Manual Grading Tool
Additional guides for more information about quizzes:
Locating and Utilizing the Manual Grading Tool
- Scroll to the week/topic containing the quiz and click on the quiz you wish to grade.
- In the administration menu, click on the Results link.
- Then select the manual grading option.
- Click on Grade in the To grade column to see all ungraded submissions for each quiz question.
Note: Clicking on Grade all on the Results page will display all graded and ungraded submissions for each question, whereas clicking on Grade only displays ungraded submissions.
- In the Options section of the next page, you can control how the questions are listed on your screen.
- In the Attempts to Grade dropdown menu, Select either Those that need grading or All.
- In the Questions per Page text field, Type a number to limit the number of questions per page.
- In the Order attempts dropdown menu, Select to have the questions displayed Randomly or By Date.
- In the Comments text field, Type any feedback or comments for the submission (optional).
- In the Mark text field, Type the appropriate grade.
- When you have finished grading all the questions on the page, Click the Save and go to the next page button at the bottom of the page.
For more information please visit: http://docs.moodle.org/2.5/en/Quiz_manual_grading_report
This work was done by Instructional Technology Resource Center at Idaho State University and is licensed under the Creative Commons Unported License. To view a copy of this license, visit Attribution Noncommercial 3.0 United States or send a letter to Creative Commons, 444 Castro Street, Suite 900, Mountain View, California, 94041, USA.