***Moodle ISU Guides have been relocated to the New Tiger Tracks Site. For up-to-date content please refer to the Knowledge Base.***
Quiz: Manual Grading Moodle ISU
The manual grading function allows teachers and graders to individually grade quiz questions. The most common manually graded question type is an essay question.
For information regarding modifying a grade for an automatically graded question, see: Adjusting or Curving a Quiz Grade
Additional guides for more information about quizzes:
This guide will help you to:
Locate the Manual Grading Tool
- Select the quiz you wish to grade.
- In the Settings gear menu, Click Manual grading.
- If there are no questions that require manual grading but you want to re-grade all of the automatically graded questions per question rather than per student, click Also show questions that have been graded automatically.
- In the To grade column, Click Grade to see all ungraded submissions for each quiz question.
Note: Clicking Grade all on the results page will display all graded and ungraded submissions for each question, whereas clicking on Grade only displays the ungraded submissions.
Change Viewing Options in Manual Grading
You can control how the questions are listed on your screen.
- Click Grade or Grade all.
- Attempts to grade - you can choose whether you want to grade all of the attempts for the quiz or just the ones that have not been graded.
- Questions per page - this is how many questions per page you wish to grade at one time. If you have 50 students you can grade 5 questions per page for a total of 10 pages.
- Order attempts - you can put the attempts for the quiz in a certain viewing order.
- Randomly - attempts will be randomized.
- By date - attempts will be ordered according to the date they were submitted.
- By student first name - attempts will be ordered by students’ first names.
- By student last name - attempts will be ordered by students’ last names.
- By student id number - attempts will be ordered by student ID numbers.
- Click Change options.
- Comment - here you can provide feedback for the answers students have given.
- Points - in this box, you can provide the amount of points the student will receive for the question.
- Click Save and go to the next page at the bottom of the page when you have finished grading all the questions on the page.
For more information, see Manual Grading
For additional information, contact the ITRC - (208) 282-5880 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
This work was done by Instructional Technology Resource Center at Idaho State University and is licensed under the Creative Commons Unported License. To view a copy of this license, visit Attribution Noncommercial 3.0 United States or send a letter to Creative Commons, 444 Castro Street, Suite 900, Mountain View, California, 94041, USA.