Nils Gehlenborg: Systems Biology Omics Data
Pavel Tomancak: Image-Data
Seán O’Donoghue: 3D Structure of Macromolecules
Igor Jurisica: Network Data
James Procter: Sequence and Genomes
Genomes & Sequence Data
- 10,000 human Genomes (Sanger Wellcome Trust)
- Interoperation, e.g., with sequence alignment
- Complexity of user interface
Omics Data for Systems Biology
- Mailing list
- VIZBI 2011
Gordon Res. Conf. ‘Visualization in Science and Education’
Art Olson - http://taxane.chem.unb.ca/GRC-2009/Home.html
- VAST challenge – but is it being used?
- Illumina IDEA Challenge
- Evaluation - Fran Lewitter
Other Community Approaches
Frameworks / software libraries
- Steve Pieper / Library > VTK
Wikipedia ‘list of’ pages
What can ISMB community do?
- publication of interactive visualizations
- Pavel: JCB
- Igor: include network data as supplemental data
- going from visualization to infographics?
- we need better integration of visualization into the overall analysis process
- Larry: role of ISMB: publish and discuss the more technical and computational stuff
- Larry: people, please submit your visualization papers to ISMB!
- HCI conference: SIG CHI
Propose Keynote on Visualization
- 2011> Ben Fry
- Every year, vote, via blog
- Keynote possibility - Wiki / Doodle
Engagement with other communities
- CS visualization community
- Graphics design
- Graphics art <> Milana
- Local for each ISMB
- Print magazine
- Vienna > Tanya > Bang/Broad
- SIG CHI!
Internships / exchange
- Graphic design students?
- Does anyone have experience with this?
- Jim: can be money for this > interdisciplinary ‘embedding’
- ISCB education program
- Are their courses in this?
- Artist in residence program / Bang Wong / Broad Inst.
- Pimp your interface << SIG, workshop, ?, tutorial
- “visualization” for posters & proceedings track