Dear fifth graders,
I just found out that you will be in my class this school year. I can’t wait to meet you.
Here are a few reminders that will help you be prepared for fifth grade.
1. You will need a big binder 2 ½ to 3 inch rings.
2. Read everyday at least 30 minutes a day. Make sure you are actually making progress in your book (at least a chapter a day- choose an easier book if you are not able to accomplish this).
3. Practice math facts, so that you know all your addition, subtraction, multiplication and division facts quickly. There are lots of great apps for this. Search math facts and choose the format you like best.
4. You will need 4 jumbo book socks/ covers.
5. Bring a positive attitude with you to school!
It is going to be great year!
I look forward to meeting you!
Anxiously awaiting your arrival,