Chipotle Bean Burritos
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chile powder (see note below)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 3 tablespoons refrigerated fresh salsa
- 6 (10-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 cup preshredded reduced-fat 4-cheese Mexican blend cheese
- 1 1/2 cups chopped plum tomato (about 3)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 6 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 6 tablespoons light sour cream
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add garlic to pan; cook 1 minute, stirring frequently. Stir in chile powder and salt; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Stir in 1/3 cup water and beans; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in salsa. Partially mash bean mixture with a fork.
- Warm tortillas according to package directions. Spoon 1/3 cup bean mixture into center of each tortilla. Top each serving with 2 1/2 tablespoons cheese, 1/4 cup tomato, 1/4 cup lettuce, 1 tablespoon onions, and 1 tablespoon sour cream; roll up.
Note: In place of the chipotle chile powder, you can use 1/2 teaspoon regular chili powder and 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper.
Printed From: www.sweetpeaskitchen.com