Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
- 3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 or 3 tablespoons poppy seeds
- ½ teaspoon table salt
- (1 1/4 stick)10 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 2 large eggs
- 1½ cups plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- Adjust oven rack to lower middle position and heat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease 12 muffin cups or line with muffin papers
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, poppy seeds, and salt; set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with the flat beater attached, beat butter and sugar on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add lemon zest to butter-sugar mixture. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in yogurt. Remove from mixer and with a spatula, mix in dry ingredients until incorporated. Do not over mix.
- Divide batter evenly among muffin cups. Bake until muffins are golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center of muffin comes out clean. Let cool 5 minutes in the pan then place on cooling rack.
- For the glaze, in a small bowl, combine powdered sugar and lemon juice. Drizzle over warm muffins and serve.
Printed From: www.sweetpeaskitchen.com