Cherry Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten, room temperature
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 (10 ounce) bag frozen sweet cherries, thawed and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup mini semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Lightly grease 12 muffin cups or line with muffin papers
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, whole wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt;set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together egg, milk, sour cream, melted butter and almond extract. Stir in cherries and chocolate chips. Add flour mixture and hand stir until just blended.
- Fill each muffin cup 3/4 full with batter.
- Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes or until the muffins are golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Cool in muffin pan for five minutes then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
Yields: 12 muffins
Printed From: www.sweetpeaskitchen.com