Last modified: July 1, 2018
Gallus Golf adheres to all applicable personal data privacy laws and regulations of the United States and the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Information we collect and how we use it
We offer a number of services that do not require you to register for an account or provide any personal information to us, such as golf course and club information. In order to provide our full range of services, we may collect the following types of information:
The information we collect automatically may not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
Gallus Golf processes personal data as a Controller, as defined by the GDPR. All data collected by us will be stored in secure hosting facilities by Amazon Web Services. All hosting is performed in accordance with the highest security regulations.
· To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
· To notify you about changes to our website or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please check the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data or adjust your user preferences in your account profile. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
· Information We Will Never Collect or Process. – We will never collect or process information related to the following categories unless we are required to by law:
o Race or ethnic origin;
o Political opinions;
o Religious or philosophical beliefs;
o Trade union memberships;
o Genetic or biometric data;
o Health or mortality; and
o Sex life or sexual orientation.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
• Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising – If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com. You can also always opt-out by logging into our website and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to [EMAIL ADDRESS].
• Promotional Offers from the Company – If you do not wish to have your contact information used by us to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions or click the “Unsubscribe” link usually located at the end of the email. This opt out does not apply to information provided to us as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
• Targeted Advertising – If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt out by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com. For this opt out to function, you must have your browser set to accept browser cookies.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
• To our subsidiaries, affiliates, or clients.
• To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to and not opted out of these disclosures. We contractually require these third parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
• To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you [ EX: give us an email address to use the “email a friend” feature of our Website, we will transmit the contents of that email and your email address to the recipients].
• For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
• With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
• To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
• If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Gallus Golf, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We may share with third parties certain pieces of aggregated non-personal information such as the number of users who have started keeping score with our services, for example, or how many users clicked on a particular advertisement. Such information does not identify you individually.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions and personal information will be encrypted SSL technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the website.
Accessing and updating personal information
When you use Gallus Golf services, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information and either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. If you created an account on our website, you can access and change your online profile yourself. You can also ask to review any of the information that we have retained, how we have used it, and to whom we have disclosed it at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort. You may also ask us to change your preferences regarding how we use or disclose your information or let us know that you do not want to receive any further communication from us.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com or write us at: Gallus Golf, 8380 Miramar Mall Suite 200, San Diego, CA 92121.
Contact us any time to:
· Request access to information that Gallus Golf has about you.
· Correct any information that Gallus Golf has about you.
· Delete information that Gallus Golf has about you.
If you have any additional questions about our collection and storage of data, or any other questions about this policy, please contact us at: