Google Docs: Download a file or Google Doc to your computer
Download a file or Google doc from the Documents List
You can select one or more files or Google Docs to download to your computer:
- Click the checkbox(es) next to the item(s) that you'd like to download.
- Expand the More drop-down menu, and select Download...
- Select a file format to which you'd like convert and download your item, such as Microsoft Word. When multiple items are selected, they'll be compressed into a .zip file
- Click Download
If you try to export more than 2 GB, you'll see a message with a list of files that aren't included in the zip file.
Download an item while viewing a doc or file
When viewing a Google document, spreadsheet, presentation or drawing, click Download as from the File menu, and select a file format.
The available formats are:
- For documents: HTML, RTF, Word, Open Office, PDF, Text file.
- For spreadsheets: CSV, HTML, ODS, PDF, XLS, TXT (only for a single sheet)
- For presentations: PDF, PPTX, TXT
- For drawings: PNG, JPEG, SVG, PDF
Note: When you export a file, some of your original formatting may not be preserved.