ALL DREAM SEEKER COMMERCIAL SIMS HAVE THE AVATAR/AGENT LIMIT SET AT 80.
THIS LAND IS ZONED COMMERCIAL. ALL COMMERCIAL ACTIVITIES ALLOWED IN SECOND LIFE ARE PERMITTED.
YOU DO NOT NEED A PREMIUM ACCOUNT TO OWN LAND ON THIS SIM. OWNERS MAY RESELL THE LAND THEY PURCHASE HERE.
In order to maintain a quality business atmosphere in this region, certain terms and conditions apply. All tenants and guests must abide by the rules stated below. By becoming a tenant in this region, you are agreeing to ALL terms and conditions outlined here, as well as any future revisions of this document that may from time to time be released. Although we will attempt to provide as much notice as possible, the fast paced environment of Second Life at times necessitates that changes be implemented immediately. Important changes to the covenant will be communicated through a group notice. It is the responsibility of the resident to ensure membership in the appropriate Dream Seeker group to be able to receive these notices.
ESTATE OCCUPANTS ARE ULTIMATELY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACTIONS OF THEIR GUESTS, VISITORS, TENANTS, OR CLIENTS.
BY BECOMING A RESIDENT OR TENANT OF ANY DREAM SEEKER ESTATES SIM, YOU ARE STATING THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTAND, AND AGREE TO THE TERMS, CONDITIONS AND GUIDELINES IN THIS COVENANT.
- VAT AND OTHER TAXES
- Dream Seeker Estates and Linden Labs will not charge VAT or other taxes on top of the land purchase fee or the monthly tier fees spent towards your land in Dream Seeker Estates.
- TIER FEES -
- Current tier prices are listed at https://www.dreamseekerestates.com/prices.
- Tier fees are due immediately upon purchase.
- Tier fees are payable in Linden currency in-world into a rental box, or using PayPal in US$ currency.
- Tier fees are not refundable under any circumstances.
- Overdue fees will result in land being immediately reclaimed by management and may be sold or removed from the grid without further warning.
- You do not need to have a premium account to own land in Dream Seeker Estates and the land you own in Dream Seeker Estates will not contribute to your land tier obligations to Linden Labs. Linden Labs will not be charging you tier fees.
- Dream Seeker Estates reserves the right to change tier or rental fees at any time and for any reason. In such cases affected residents will be notified and new rates will become effective on next payment date.
- RESOURCE USAGE AND MAX AVATARS ALLOWED
- As recommended by Linden Labs, a full prim region is considered at capacity when it has 40 avatars present. If more than 40 avatars are present, sim performance suffers. This decrease in performance can be mitigated to some degree by turning off scripts. Commercial sims in Dream Seeker allow up to 80 avatars but we expect that this would only be utilized for rare events and that the resident running the event would take all possible measures to minimize performance impact on the sim.
- Residents are expected to be fair to their neighbors and only utilize the portion of sim resources that is proportional to the portion of the land area of the sim that their parcel occupies. For example, if a resident rents a 4096 sqm parcel, that represents 1/16th of the sim. It is thus expected that this resident will only utilize up to 1/16th of the sim capacity. This means that on average, this parcel will have no more than 40 / 16 = 2.5 avatars. Of course parties and events are allowed and a 4096 sqm parcel can still have a party with 40 avatars, but if it does then it would really need to remain basically empty for the rest of the week. We will not be counting avatars every day, but we do want to ensure fair sharing of resources and will not support situations where a small parcel has a popular club that consistently utilizes most of the sim's resources. If you expect to consistently have 20 avatars present then you need 1/2 sim.
- Residents are expected to limit the usage of scripts and collisions in their parcel. Full Prim regions are considered to run best with 15ms or less of script time and Homesteads at 4ms or less. If the parcel is a Full Prim 8192m2 then it would be allocated 1.8ms for the script time usage with additional allocation if the region has a prim bonus. We, also, expect the resident will limit the number of collisions caused by the animals by turning off their movement and animations. Taking the steps above will help to maintain a more stable region performance.
- OWNERSHIP, LAND RESALE AND PARCEL MANAGEMENT
- All parcels sold in Dream Seeker Estates must have one specific individual registered as the person responsible for tier payment. That person is the individual that the estate recognizes as the owner of the parcel, regardless of who at the time is listed as the owner of the parcel (individual or group), who paid for the initial purchase, and regardless of any other dealings that may have occurred. In the event of a breakdown of a relationship or another dispute, the land will be returned to the person who is currently registered as the party responsible for tier payments and has made at least one tier payment.
- As a tenant of Dream Seeker Estates, you must maintain membership in the Dream Seeker group as that will be the primary vehicle for the Estate management to contact you with any information pertaining to the Estate.
- You may sub-divide or merge the parcels you own. See Subdivision / Subletting section for restrictions.
- Any sales you make without notifying Dream Seeker Estates will only be considered as sub-rentals. You will still be liable to Dream Seeker Estates for monthly tier fees and failure to pay these fees will result in the land being reclaimed by management.
- If you wish to sell your land, you must sell it in the exact same parcel configuration (size / shape) as what you have originally purchased from Dream Seeker Estates. Any such sale MUST be communicated to Dream Seeker Estates in order to transfer tier fee obligations to the new owner. Although not required, if you have previously subdivided or joined your parcels in the region, you should contact Dream Seeker Estates before you sell the land to ensure that it is again partitioned properly before new owners take possession.
- At the time of sale, any tier fees paid to date expire and the new owner is required to immediately start paying tier fees to Dream Seeker Estates. If only a portion of the land is sold, Dream Seeker Estates will consider that transaction as a sub-rental and will not accept tier fees from the new tenant.
- SUBDIVISION / SUBLETTING
- Subletting / renting is allowed. Tenants must agree to abide by the covenant. Repeated violations of the covenant by tenants may result in termination of the lease agreement.
- RESTRICTED ACTIVITIES
- Out of respect for the neighbours, sound and voice must be limited to the parcel. In parcel's Media configuration window, please ensure that the "Restrict Voice to this parcel" checkbox is checked if Voice is enabled. Also make sure to check the box to "Restrict gesture and object sounds to this parcel".
- Public chat messages from greeters and other scripted objects should be limited in range and located on the parcel such that it does not carry on to the parcel of neighbours who have their own business to run.
- Griefing neighbours is strictly forbidden and may result in immediate reclaiming of the land and banishment of the offending user from the Dream Seeker Estates.
- Any activity or structure not allowed on Mainland is also not allowed in Dream Seeker Estates.
- No yard sales or ad farms.
- Up to 1 animal/pet (breedable or non-breedable) allowed per 1024m2 on a Full Prim region and 1 per 4096m2 on a homestead region. For example, if you rent an 8192m2 Full Prim parcel, you will be allowed up to 8 animals/pets. Residents found with more than the allowed number of animals/pet will be asked to reduce the number of animals/pets or move to one of our Farm Regions which allows a higher number of animals/pets.
- No floating structures of any kind below 300 meters. This includes FOR SALE signs and other billboards.
- TERRAFORMING, ARCHITECTURE, STYLE
- Building walls must be no more than 20% transparent (with exception of windows of course).
- Privacy Screens / Parcel Walls must be transparent for all sides that do not face the parcel as well as phantom so other residents may pass through them. All Privacy Screens / Parcel Walls must also not be higher than 50 meters in the sim. (This allows you to place a 30 meter tall wall at a ground level of 20 meters.)
- Objects for sale with large display textures must be displayed inside of a building. The types of objects that could be displayed outside are vehicles, houses or patio furniture. Household furniture, clothing, skins, weapons, etc must be displayed inside of buildings.
- Editing of terrain within 10m of parcel boundary requires estate management approval and may require our assistance. Terrain needs to look natural throughout the estate and so land formations need to connect smoothly between parcels.
- SIM PERFORMANCE
- For the enjoyment of all residents, lag on sims in the estate is monitored and the estate management team responds to lag complaints and endeavours to maintain acceptable levels of performance in all sims.
- No lag intensive scripts should be used. Please use your best judgment as to which scripts are necessary to accommodate your living style, while also respecting your neighbors in regards to simulator performance. If the performance of the sim drops below 40 FPS you may be asked to make the necessary changes to restore performance back to a manageable level.
- Textures and heavy use of particles cause client-side lag. Many individual textures fill client side cache and take a lot of bandwidth to load when initially teleporting in. Because of 3D image rendering, sculpted textures are particularly taxing on the client's video card CPU performance. Please keep this in consideration when designing your parcel.
- Physics can also cause a lot of stress on the sim CPU in some situations. For example, two physical objects in constant contact with each other may trigger countless collisions which must be processed by the physics engine.
- PARCEL ACCESS, SECURITY AND PRIVACY
- Security orbs are not permitted.
- Global bans are not permitted and public access must be allowed. On the Access tab of the About Land window, Allow Public Access checkbox must be checked.
- Individual avatars found to cause problems may be banned by adding them to the Banned Residents list.
Banning another resident of the estate is strictly prohibited.
Recommended Security Settings:
In order to protect the land and the region from most griefer attacks, the following security settings are recommended (you will find them under the 'About Land -> Options tab').
- Turn Off: Edit Terrain, Build, Object Entry - For “Everyone”
- Turn On: Safe (no damage), Restrict Pushing.
- MATURE CONTENT AND LEGAL
- The region is rated as mature.
- Adult content as defined by Linden Labs is not permitted.
- You are expected to comply with applicable legislatures of your real life place of residence, your current real life location, any legislature applicable to Linden Labs, and the legislature of Canada and the province of Alberta.
- You are expected to fully comply with all provisions with the Second Life Terms Of Service (TOS).
- Dream Seeker Estates or any officer thereof shall not be held responsible for any losses of any kind, direct or indirect.
- Dream Seeker Estates is also not responsible for the objects returned or lost for any reason.
- DISPUTES AND MANAGEMENT AUTHORITY
- Dream Seeker Estates management has the final authority in making judgments in any disputes.
- Dream Seeker Estates management has the authority to remove any structures, landscaping, objects or scripts, or take any other action that it in its sole opinion deems necessary to maintain or restore the intended atmosphere of the region, to restore or maintain the performance of the sim, or to enforce compliance with this covenant.
- If a resident threatens or carries out action that has a hostile intent to inflict direct or indirect financial losses upon the Dream Seeker Estates group, any partner estate, or any officer thereof, the estate management will immediately reclaim any land owned by that resident without refund and the resident will be muted and banned from all affiliated estates. Linden Labs will be notified of the incident.