Serves 4 to 6
* 1 Tb olive oil
* 1 to 1 1/2 pounds tempeh, shredded ( about 2 to 3 packages )
* 1 yellow onion, diced
* 1 cups water
* 1 ( 15 ounce ) can of tomato sauce
* 1 ( 28 ounce ) can of diced tomatoes
* 2 cloves of garlic, minced
* 2 tsp dried basil
* 2 tsp marjoram
* 2 tsp dried oregano
* 2 tsp dried rosemary
* 2 tsp thyme
* 2 bay leaves
* 2 Tb tamari
* 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
* 1 1/2 cup dried macaroni pasta
1. In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat. Saute garlic until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the onions and saute until tender, about 5 minutes.
2. Add the shredded tempeh and saute another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add a little of the water to deglaze the pan and scrap up all the brown bits. Pour the rest of the water, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, spices, bay leaf, soy sauce and pepper. Stir well, bring to boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 25 minutes.
4. Add the macaroni, stir well, cover and simmer for another 20 minutes.
5. Turn off heat and remove bay leaves. Season to taste with more black pepper and salt, if desired.