How Good are you at Scratch?
All the answers to this quiz are in ‘Starting Games with Scratch’ . Actually, that’s not true. You’ll need to play around with scratch to find some of the answers, but the ‘Starting Games with Scratch’ is a good place to start.
Scratch Level 0
◻ Tour - Can you ..
- Open Scratch on your computer?
- Edit the picture of Scratch the cat to make him look different
- Record a sound and play it back
- Drag blocks from the left to the middle and make them ‘Stick’ together?
- Save your work (project) and open it again?
◻ Making Scratch Say Hello - can you ..
- make Scratch say something when you click on him?
- change Scratch to a different picture
Scratch Level 1
◻ Making Scratch Move - can you ...
- Show a program where you’ve made a Scratch move.
◻ Getting Help - can you ...
- Show where the Scratch Help files are
- (if Internet connection) show how to find Scratch information using google
- Show a program where you have used a loop block
- Show a program where you’ve used visual effects (like drawing)
◻ IF … THEN
- Show a program where you have used a If block
Scratch Level 2 (Yellow belt level)
◻ Finding out when you hit things
- Show a program where you check if you have hit something
◻ Sharing your characters
- Show a character that somebody has shared with you.
◻ Give Scratch a memory
- Show a program where you have used variables
◻ Listen for things that happen
- Show a program where you use broadcasts
Scratch Level 3
◻ Working as a group
- (2 or more of you) show a program where you have worked together. Explain who did what. Show the parts you did yourself, and the parts you did together.
- Show the notes from before you started to program. Explain what you did differently when you were writing the program
◻ Help Guide
- Show the Help Guide / notes for your program. Can somebody else use it without you explaining it to them
Credits; © PaulB@FirstPartners.net , tested at CoderDojo Drogheda. Feel free to reuse (but mention where you got it from - MIT License) Cover image from