Room Parent Responsibilities
- CONTACT INFORMATION Be sure the Room Parent Coordinator has the email address you use. Notifying a change to your email address will ensure you will not miss any Room Parent notifications. All notifications sent by the Room Parent Coordinator are via email.
- COORDINATE CLASSROOM SUPPORT Arrange, via email or telephone calls, for parents to assist the teacher (at the teacher’s request) either in the classroom or on a field trip. To do this, the room parent should build a complete email contact list for the classroom. Many emails can be found in the school directory. For those who do not have an email listed in the directory, the room parent should contact the family by phone. All phone numbers are provided on the class list. (See SAMPLE CONTACT CALL later in binder.) Once your contact list is complete -- send ALL parents the enclosed INTRODUCTORY LETTER (If you wish to just copy and paste this document - this item can be found by going to www.capepcpa.org/events/programs/room_parents.html -- make sure to update this letter with YOUR email address! ).
- VOLUNTEER AWARENESS SESSIONS To volunteer in the classroom, attending a Volunteer Awareness session is a one time, mandatory requirement for any person who would like to volunteer in the school or chaperon a field trip. Awareness sessions will be found on Pond Cove’s website: https://sites.google.com/capeelizabethschools.org/volunteers or by contacting John Holdridge, Director of Volunteer Services, John Holdridge or 799-7339.
- ANNUAL REGISTRATION In addition to completing the VOlunteer Awareness Sessions Parents and Guardians must complete an annual registration in the PowerSchool Portal to volunteer in the classroom or on field trips.
- CLASS GIFT At the end of the year the room parent will organize the class gift to the teacher. There is not a mandatory donation amount. PCPA suggests that room parents ask for a donation of $5. Inviting parents and guardians to participate at any level allows each family to determine what is the best fit for them.
- HOLIDAY GIFT Room parents are not responsible for coordinating a holiday gift. If the question arises, tell parents that holiday gifts are an individual family decision.
- TEACHER APPRECIATION DAY GIFT Teacher Appreciation Day gifts are decided on the Teacher Appreciation Committee level. The Teacher Appreciation Committee will request Room Parents to assist in the coordination of a simple class project that would be apart of Teacher Appreciation Day.
- PCPA EVENTS Room parents support PCPA events, by emailing parents about opportunities for upcoming events. The room parent will occasionally receive emails about these events - which can then be forwarded onto classroom parents.