Add a Resource Moodle ISU
A number of different types of resources can be added to your Moodle ISU course. Resources are generally electronic files which provide information or organizational structure to students. Unlike activities, resources do not have a grading function nor provide options for students to interact.
This guide will help you to:
- Add a Resource to Your Course
- Understand the Different Types of Resources
Add a Resource to Your Course
- Turn Editing On. For more information please see Moodle ISU Overview.
- In the week/topic you wish to add the resource to, Click Add an activity or resource.
- Select the type of resource you wish to add.
- Once you have selected the type of resource, Click the Add button.
Note: The added resource will be placed as the last item in the week/topic.
Types of Resources
- Book: The book resource allows you to create a multi-page resource with chapters and subchapters. There is also a print function which allows students to quickly print the entire book or just one chapter. Because the Book includes the html editor you can also add pictures, sound and other media as well as links.
- File: The file resource allows you to add a file to your course. Files can be in any format. To access the files both the instructor and the students will need to have the correct software to open the files. Files can be added from your computer, your private files area, or other repositories.
- Folder: The folder resource allows you to create a folder containing various files with one link on the front page of your Moodle ISU course. You can then add files to the folder and all the students will have access to them automatically through the folder link. Files are listed alphabetically. The folder resource replaces the directory in previous versions of Moodle.
- IMS Content Package: IMS Content is an international standard format for simple learning content. IMS Packages are most commonly publisher-created content that come with your textbook. This resource allows you to upload an IMS package to your course. If you have questions about using an IMS package, please contact the ITRC.
- Label: The Label resource adds a label or heading. By default there is a summary label in each week/topic. Labels can be useful in organizing course content.
- Page: The page resource allows you to create an internal web page using the html editor included with Moodle ISU.
- URL: The URL resource adds a link to an outside web page.
For information on adding the above resources please see one of the following:
For more information please visit https://docs.moodle.org/28/en/Blocks
This work was done by Instructional Technology Resource Center at Idaho State University and is licensed under the Creative Commons Unported License. To view a copy of this license, visit Attribution Noncommercial 3.0 United States or send a letter to Creative Commons, 444 Castro Street, Suite 900, Mountain View, California, 94041, USA.