OpenStreetMap Foundation

Communications Working Group Meeting

   

2nd May 2011,

21:00- GMT (22:00 - CET)

Dial-in

AGENDA & MINUTES

Present: Richard Weait, Oliver Kühn, Harry Wood, Charlotte Wolter, Hurricane Coast

Apologies:

Responsible for OSMF newsletter input:

Public to newsletter

1

Adoption of previous minutes

Minutes of 25 April 2011: https://docs.google.com/a/osmfoundation.org/document/d/1V0L-V3rfvEEFolh0PBg_QhPldx0zXa1nx_cUStUk5sM/edit?hl=en_GB&authkey=CO7dkJQE

Propose: Harry Wood

Seconded:  Richard Weait

None opposed

[ ]

2

Matters Arising:

..

[ ]

3

Finalise agenda for this call.

[ ]

4

Any other business

none

[ ]

4.1

Membership emailing

Didn’t hear back from Henk yet.

4.2

tile layers policy statement

Richard will link to the new policy as a blog post, plus call for suggestions of new layers to feature on the homepage (not expecting many suitable suggestions)

[ ]

4.3

skins & themes update

Waiting on grant who is very busy at the moment.

Harry updated the foundation icon to match new OSM icon

[ ]

4.4

blog posts

We have a new icon. This is also available at http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Logos (linked from the ‘Press’ page)

We need a new icon blog post: ACTION ITEM: Hurricane to get Steve to blog about it. Also nitty gritty details to add to foundation blog

[ ]

4.8

Developing copy for foundation site

[ ]

Discussed approaches for developing site content

Wiki approach (publishing immediately and iteratively)

vs content drafts discussed & reviewed prior to publishing

Content trees. Is a complete rewrite necessary? (Probably not)  We can make iterative improvement to the structure of the content tree too.

ACTION ITEM: Everybody to review FAQ section ( http://www.osmfoundation.org/wiki/FAQ ) and come up with proposals for new questions.

We might look at the about page and also trawl help.openstreetmap.org for inspiration on FAQ entries.

Add discussion items here if you wish:

http://www.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Talk:FAQ (available to view publicly, but not very prominent. It is a suitable place for content discussion & ideas)

5

Next meeting.

Monday 9th MAY 2010,

2100BST, 2200CET, 1600EDT, 2000UTC 1400MDT

[ ]