3. Visual Programming: Kodu Project - 2nd Year/Year 8 (5/6 lessons)
- To learn how to program advanced games in Kodu
- To understand subroutines and loops
- To develop your understanding of how video games are created
- To further develop problem solving skills and logical thinking
- To produce a brief plan of your game. (characters, world, plot, code required)
- A completed game, based on your chosen theme
- An evaluation using feedback from your peers
- Choose one of the following theme for your game:
- An air combat game
- A racing game
- An adventure game
- A puzzle game
- Create a brief plan for your game.
- What is your game called?
- Who are the characters?
- What will your world look like?
- What will the user have to do? (purpose of the game)
- Create your game in Kodu, based on your plan
- Ask your friends what they think of your game
- Fully evaluate your work using your own opinion and feedback
- What do your friends think?
- What do you like about your game?
- What don’t you like about it?
- What would you do to improve?
Click below for the presentation used in class:
Visual Programming: Kodu Project