Vanilla Bean Snickerdoodles
Adapted from Joy the Baker cookbook, page 220
Yield - 3 dozen cookies
2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 3/4 cup flour
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 vanilla bean, split with the seeds removed
1/3 cup sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Beat together the butter and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer with a paddle attachment until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sift together the flour, cream of tartar, and soda onto wax paper, set aside.
- Add the eggs one at a time to the butter and beat until well combined. Beat in the vanilla and vanilla seeds.
- Scrape down the bowl and add the flour mix and then mix on the lowest speed. Mix until just combined.
- Place the batter in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and mix together the remaining sugar and cinnamon.
- Use a 2 tablespoon scoop to portion out the dough. Roll each piece of dough into the cinnamon-sugar and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Leave about 2 inches of spaces between each dough ball.
- Bake 10 minutes and then let cool on the cookie sheet before transferring to a rack to cool completely.