Coconut Chicken with Apricot Sauce
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Preheat the oven to 400˚F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, lightly beat the egg and set aside.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the coconut, flour, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a shallow bowl.
- Working with one chicken breast at a time, dip the chicken in the egg mixture and then coat the coconut mixture. Place on the baking sheet. Once all chicken breasts are coated and on the baking sheet, evenly drizzle with the melted butter. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, flipping once halfway.
- To make the apricot sauce, in a small bowl, combine the apricot preserves and the Dijon mustard. Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Yield: 4 servings
Printed From: www.sweetpeaskitchen.com