Directions: Write in the geographical term for the appropriate definition.
1. ________________The vast body of salt water that covers almost three fourths of the earth's surface (Atlantic, Pacific, Indian, Arctic and Antarctic)
2._________________ A relatively large body of salt water completely or partially enclosed by land
3.__________________A piece of land that is surrounded by water on 3 sides.
4.__________________A barrier constructed across a waterway to control the flow or raise the level of water
5.__________________A large natural stream of water emptying into an ocean, lake, or other body of water
6.__________________A body of water that is created by a dam
7.__________________The presence of water in a desert
8.__________________A large inland body of fresh water or salt water
9.__________________A natural elevation of the earth's surface having considerable mass, generally steep sides, and a height greater than that of a hill.
10._________________An elevated, level piece of land. A Mountain with a flat top.
11._________________An large, level, usually treeless area of land
12. _________________A Mountain that can erupt, shooting out Lava
13. _________________A long, narrow piece of land with steep sides on both sides
14. _________________Heavily wooded areas. Lots of trees.
15. _________________A piece of land completely surrounded by water.
16._________________A elevated piece of land, usually small
17._________________A narrow area with steep cliff walls, cut into the earth by running water
18.___________________A narrow strip of land connecting two larger masses of land
19. __________________A large group of islands
20. __________________The mouth of the river. Where the river ends.
21. __________________Permanently frozen ground. Very cold.
22. __________________A dry, often sandy region of little rainfall, extreme hot temperatures
23. __________________A hill that rises abruptly from the surrounding area and has sloping sides and a flat top.
24. __________________A hill or ridge of wind-blown sand
25. __________________A lowland region saturated with water
26. __________________A hole in the earth created by a falling meteor
27. __________________A huge piece of ice slowly moving across the earth.