OpenStreetMap Foundation

Communications Working Group Meeting

   

13th September 2010,

21:00- GMT (22:00 - CET)

Dial-in

AGENDA & MINUTES

           

Present: Emilie Laffray, Harry Wood, Richard Weait, Oliver Kühn

Apologies: None

1

Adoption of previous minutes

Previous minutes:

Propose: Harry

Seconded: Richard

None opposed.  

Previous minutes were accepted and may be published.

2

Matters Arising:

Review minutes from last meeting.  

3

Finalise agenda for this call.

[tbd]

4

Any other business

[tbd]

4.1

blog.osmfoundation.org

What items are suitable for placement on the Foundation blog?

Announcements from working groups.

Announcements from Foundation board.

Announcements of milestones and events, like SotM call for papers and reaching 300,000 users.  

Is OpenGeoData.org a potential platform for official OSMF Board Announcements?  Should blog.osmfoundation.org be the official platform?  

Should official voice items be marked in some way to differentiate them from editorials and discussions?  Can tagging resolve this?  Can tagging help move articles between osmFoundation <--> OpenGeoData?  

Report to board:

CWG to theme osmfoundation.org to avoid confusion with wiki.openstreetmap.org

CWG to re-establish blog.osmfoundation.org, with liberal reposting OpenGeoData as appropriate.

Harry to check with Grant on blog permissions.

4.2

Hurricane and Sponsorship

Hurricane approached Emilie regarding joining CWG.  

Emilie to discuss this with Hurricane and Mikel regarding scope.  

4.3

Communication channels analysis

Harry’s analysis continues.  http://www.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Communication_channels_analysis

Emilie continues to investigate duplication between wiki.openstreetmap.org and wiki.osmfoundation.org

4.4

Approach other Working Groups

Approach other WGs to poll for their wishes for communication.  

5

Next meeting.

Monday 20 September 2010,

2100BST, 2200CET, 1600EDT

call adjourned 22:06